Wednesday, January 14, 2009

For the JOY of it....Fencing Lesson # ????? (Oct 29, 2008)


I was in a bout with Jason last night when suddenly I heard Kelly say: "there is a direct correlation between you smiling and getting touches."

I stopped mid stride and said "really!? Well, what is it?"

She pointed out that when I was smiling, I relaxed more and actually made my touches (hits).
But when I had a serious look on my face, I didn't do well.
So, she encouraged me to just "have fun" and stop thinking about it so much.
I made some comment about being typically over analytical and soon thereafter we all went home for the night.

It was a really interesting point.
At the moment something about it just felt freeing and encouraging.
And I couldn't shake it off.

Late into the night last night I thought about it....
....and soaked in the goodness of the feelings.

Then suddenly it hit me.
It was yet another divine moment.
God was telling me something not just about fencing but about life.

This was my fencing lesson on living from the heart.

I live too much from the head. WAY too much.
And I've lost alot of the ability to live from my heart.
I have to have the formula, or the right procedure. I have to get it all right.
Ties into no mercy nor patience for myself, therefore.

But God is saying, "No!", it's not like that. I am not like that."
Breathe, live free, live from your heart...

Just live and love and do for the sheer JOY of it.....
without so much analyzation.....
without so much thinking....

JUST RELAX AND HAVE FUN.

No comments:

Post a Comment