Monday, March 2, 2009

Fencing & Boundaries

Fencing is an odd thing.
Driving home last night I got it....really got it....for the first time.

THEY DIDN'T HAVE THE RIGHT.

All those times, all those years, all those things.
They really did not have the right. No one has that right.

It was a serious epiphany.
I never really got it before.
Not inside.
In my head, yes, ok.
But not in my emotions.
In my heart.
In the deepest depths of my inner man.

I thought "laying down your rights" meant laying down everything that you are.
No. No, damnit, just no.

Maybe it means laying down my right to a new car.
Or to living in the city I choose.
Or maybe even the right to my physical life.
But it does not mean laying down or giving up ownership of myself.

I cannot explain this.

And it does not mean I get to be a jerk.
The gentles heart remains.
But not a heart than allows itself to be internally violated.
It does not kill the fire that burns deep within my spirit NOR the one in my soul.

I cannot explain it.
But I get it.

You do not have the right.
This is my strip. Get the hell of off it.

"Gee, I'm really sorry you have to die."

No comments:

Post a Comment